“WTDC is the gateway to your career aspirations.”
- Miguel P., FIU
“WTDC trusted me to take on challenging projects and helped me through every step.”
- Adrian V., FIU
“WTDC is a family owned business, and it truly feels like family!”
- Darya R., Barry
“WTDC’s internship program offers a unique hands on experience…”
- David L., FIU
Our WTDC Internship has been an excellent opportunity for our employees to share our knowledge of the logistics industry with college students. Students in the WTDC Internship Program will develop new skills in shipping, transportation, and warehousing, but also they will gain an invaluable introduction into the professional workplace.
The internship program began at WTDC four years ago and over that time 45 students have honed their business skills at our company. We have developed relationships in higher education at each of the local universities, a process that has not only yielded consistent talent for our organization but also a symbiotic relationship developed where we are able to add value to the students, professors, and administrators responsible for creating logistics based curriculum.
Local universities have since used WTDC as an example organization for companies looking to create an Internship infrastructure. We've adopted a "Creativity over Productivity" motto for the program, one that drives home the requirement for the Internship to be a true learning based environment and not one of employee day-to-day responsibility. In turn, our student interns have been able to grow into their roles as well-rounded young businessmen and businesswomen.
For more information on WTDC's Internship Program or how to get involved with your local universities,
1. To assess personal strengths and professional skills related to WTDC needs
2. To provide each new intern with training to establish her/him in the company’s culture
3. To develop a specific project according to intern skills and WTDC needs
4. To provide resources allowing interns to continue to learn during the project progress
5. To document interns’ accomplishments
In order to reach each goal described above, the Internship Program will be structured into the following segments:
Assessment, Training (we welcome the opportunity to discuss our training with interested parties), Project, Evaluation
A project will be assigned to each intern according to his/her skills, background, interest and WTDC needs. Interns will have organized tasks and responsibilities measured by objectives.
Projects are important because:
- Are an opportunity for interns to be challenged and show creativity
- Give a sense of responsibility at the beginning of the project
- Give a sense of accomplishment at the end of Internship Program
Here are some examples of Projects:
- To implement 5S in the warehouse
- To develop Trade Lanes for a specific country or region
- To develop Management tools, such as Key Performance Indicators, Organizational Charts and Standard Operating Procedures
Interns will also assist in the day to day activities of WTDC. The interns will have an opportunity to learn from different departments.
Beyond the initial Training, the Interns will have an opportunity to shadow WTDC employees.
The shadowing sessions could cover:
- WTDC Workflow: Sales, Transportation, Documentation, Human Resources, Accounting
- WTDC Main projects: 5S, SEO, Trade Lanes, Management tools, marketing
- Mastery of the communication and software platforms used by WTDC
WTDC will evaluate each Intern according to specific professional and technical skills. The evaluation will be given by the supervisor and will remain confidential to any other employees and interns. The goal is to provide a valuable feedback to the intern, identifying strengths as well as opportunities of improvement.
Job Title: Marketing Intern
No of Openings: 3
Work Schedule: flexible
Hours per Week: 15-30
Wage/Salary: Unpaid. Paid position optional after internship completion.
Employment Start Date: Immediate
Duration: 9-15 weeks. Part-time
Detailed Description of Position
1. Assist with the design and development of a strategic logistics trade lane marketing plan.
2. In charge of implementing marketing plan to achieve organizational objectives.
3. Assist with editorial direction, design, production and distribution of print and electronic marketing communications materials.
1. Bachelor or Graduate student, preferably with a marketing/sales or business degree.
2. Must be self-motivated, reliable, innovative and pragmatic.
3. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
4. Ability to work on projects largely without direct supervision.
5. Excellent oral and written presentation abilities.
6. Previous experience and a second language (Spanish, Portugese, French, Italian...) is not required but is helpful.
Application Instructions: Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Qualified applicants will be contacted within 2 days of resume submission